Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Adventures in Colorado Wine Country

Celebrating our 25th Anniversary and unable to travel to Spain, we opted to look into our own 'backyard' and discover the wineries of Colorado.  Our first winery stop brought us to Colterris. 
Owners Theresa and Scott High took us on a vineyard tour that was amazing.  We looked at the grapes...

the soil...
and enjoyed their company.
Scott even showed us a few of his collection of 5,000 wine openers.
The Highs also are the proprietors of High Country Orchards.  Their Palisade Peaches make up 70% of their crop with the other 30% being the vines for their wines.
We even had the privilege of enjoying wine with the Highs.  This is their Cabernet Sauvignon that rivals cabernets from California.
We look forward to sharing more of our adventure with you in the days to come.